01. Colorado State Archives, An Act to provide a temporary Government for the Territory of Colorado (February 28, 1861)
02. Native American Place Names of the United States, William Bright (2004), University of Oklahoma Press
03. Maverick, Trail West to Fury (1958), Warner Bros. Pictures, Inc.
04. The Conjectural Maverick, Maverick Trails
05. Maverick, Hostage (1957), Warner Bros. Pictures, Inc.
Territory of the United States, organized by an organic act of Congress on February 28, 1861.
Named for the Colorado River, which has its headwaters within its borders.
Trail West to Fury: In 1867, Bret Maverick was trail boss for the Miller cattle drive from Little Bend, Texas to Fort Adobe, Arizona Territory. Bart Maverick tracked the Tall Man to Fort Adobe two days ahead of the Miller Drive, but arrived to late to catch him.
Hostage: In April of 1879, Bret Maverick convinced Jody Collins that he and Brother Bart were professional criminals with the ruse of how the two of them had kidnapped Lucky Blaire's son for $100,000 in Colorado two years earlier.
Maverick Trails is not endorsed, sponsored or affiliated with Warner Bros. Entertainment, Inc. or the Maverick franchise.
Maverick™ and its various marks are trademarks of Warner Bros. Entertainment, Inc., © 1957, 1994
©2014, 2015, 2016 Maverick Trails